Saturday, May 12, 2007

Yet another online toy

So now I have a blog. Welcome to it! Well I had two blogs already on myspace, (my private one and my craft one) which I rarely updated, but now I have this one. Yet another online toy for me to neglect! I am not a big blog reader and will probably not be the most entertaining blog writer. The medium gives me some performance anxiety to be honest, like I was back in college with an essay due. I actually prefer message boards for my online communication, they are more democratic and interactive, less ego-centric, and I'm far more entertaining in short spontaneous spurts than in long proofread articles. I guess I am in constant fear of being exposed as not as clever as people think I am. I am the poster child for wasted potential. But then again, most blogs I read leave me with the distinct impression that their authors are not nearly as clever as they think they are. They just forge ahead anyway, unencumbered by self-doubt or self-awareness.

This blog will be focused on the craft side of my life. Stuff I love, stuff I am making, and how you can make it too. You won't find any sexual TMI revelations, any political rants, any whiny-assed petty griping about the minutiae of daily life, or any thinly-veiled passive-aggressive bashing of my friends which they are expected to decipher. You won't find any posts with a superior attitude that I am so much wiser and more evolved than other folks. I won't try to impress you with lists of the books I'm reading, unless they relate to art or craft.
It's the lighter and fluffier eclipse, now with 20% less bitterness!

Welcome to my unBlog.

No comments: